Image Map

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Creation Station: Oh How I Loved You!



Do not freak out. Stay calm. Prepare yourself. These markers are refillable and they were $1.49 each. OMG.


This was my favorite purchase at the "I Teach K" conference. My friend Val got just as excited about these as I did but what happened to my yellow? Oh well. Just call me greedy. This booth was "Creation Station" and is owned by Frank and Joy Knight. I think I scared Frankto death with my enthusiasm but he put up a good front. If this makes you "over the moon" happy I will give you the link (cause I'm just that generous). www.CreationStationInc.com and tell Frank I sent you! He had so much stuff that you'd love like giant coffee filters, magnets of all kinds, bugs that fit on your fingers but looked real, etc. I was worried about getting home and did not buy as much as I could have. Did I mention his prices were really reasonable?  However, Frank gave me a tip and told me these dot marker containers work fine when you fill them with watered down tempera paint. That was worth the whole trip! Kuddos to Frank.

5 comments:

Bigbird said...

Thanks for sharing all of your ideas. I remember the great Literacy conference I went to in Vegas several years ago. So many ideas. I wanted to thank you for the creationstaion link. I just purchased several film containers for my classroom. Don't actually know what I'm going to do with them...I will think of something. I have a Hollywood theme so the containers will be great for something. Appreciate all you do. Enjoy your blog. Robin

Busy Bees said...

I love dot markers!! Thanks so much for the tip about filling them. I love the colors you found from Frank, too. Once I get to school this week I will have to check out how many I need and replace them with these.
BusyBees

Rose said...

Thanks for the link. I love dot markers!

beachliesl said...

Loved them too! My friend (who was a presenter, not a kindergarten teacher) thought I was nuts when I got so excited---but I got them (MOSTLY because you have inspired me to use them for a whole new range of activities). I had to resist getting the milk cartons---rationalizing that they'd have them on their website. But alas, no such luck. Oh well, I couldn't have crammed one more thing in that suitcase!

Liesl in VA

Mrs. Garrant said...

Fran, what a GREAT find! Thanks for the heads-up on these. If only I had invented re-fillable dot daubers; brilliant!

Your blog is phenomenal and I just want to say THANKS for all of the inspiration you give me. I also went out to purchase the pocket charts from Target, but had no idea what to actually use them for (besides reading groups) until I saw your pocketful of activities.

Awesome, awesome, awesome...thanks again and keep the ideas coming. Please :)

Tracy
http://livelaughteachrepeat.blogspot.com/